Re: linux-usb-devel@vger created...

From: Greg KH <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:54:55 -0800

> Woah, the [email protected] list is NOT a subscriber-only list at
> all.  It's wide open with a bunch of mailman rule filter to try to
> handle the worst of the spam.
>
> It does complain if you try to add too many cc:s to it, but that's it,
> an admin (me or Stephen) will usually get around to aproving them within
> 24 hours.

Ok, I stand corrected.

> But, I have no objection to moving to vger if you want to handle the
> admin load.  If so, should I send you a list of addresses that were on
> the sf.net list so that people can be migrated?

We don't do migrations like that, so that people:

1) Learn how to subscribe, and thus how to unsubscribe.

2) Don't get upset that they were added to a mailing list
   site they may not want to be one.

So I'd ask that you send an announcement out to the old list,
and during a transition period you can subscribe the old
list onto the vger one.

Neil B. did something similar recently for linux-nfs, perhaps
you can ask him how he handled it.