Re: Need help with register_page_fault_notifier() replacement in 2.6.24

Quoting Arjan van de Ven <[email protected]>:

if it's just for a custom case (as it sounds like).. a simple small
change to the pagefault handler sounds like the easiest thing to do...
(eg just a direct function call to what would have been your notifier)

Thanks! Actually, the idea is to make it easy many people to run the trace without having them to patch or downgrade their kernels. Also, it would be convenient for ath5k developers to run (and perhaps improve) the trace on the current development kernel.

Also, the code was lifted from some nvidia debugging tool, so the improved code could be contributed back there.

I guess if there is no simple answer, I'll have to try a few crazy ideas. If nothing works, the fault handler chain could be reinstated, perhaps as a separate configuration option.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin