Re: Question about F_RDLCK and F_WRLCK on alpha

I suppose this can be better analyzed if the cpp output is presented to show exactly how rdlck/wrlck is included/defined .

But the only requirement is that the flags are unique. solong as wrlck != rdlck != unlck every is happy.

There is no expectation that an i386 binary will run on an alpha machine.

there might be an issue if the i386 source code uses "0" or "1" constants instead of the WRLCK/RDLCK. And then compiled on the alpha. Then it would be out of sync.

I suppose they are different bec the folks at OSF had it defined that way. And there was some need to run OSF/alpha bins on a linux/alpha ( just a guess on my part )

Oliver Falk wrote:
Hi!

Can someone explain me, why we have different define's for WRLCK and
RDLCK within alpha kernel headers: