Re: [patch 01/28] cpu alloc: The allocator

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, David Miller wrote:

> From: Christoph Lameter <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:15:55 -0800 (PST)
>
> > Guess I need also to add an arch configuration guide to V2 as well so that
> > the other arches can do similar tricks and emphasize that the static
> > default that requires bss is only suitable for small systems.
>
> I'm going to be against your changes until you implement
> a real fix for the BSS bloat problems.
>
> It's worse than the per-cpu allocator we have now, much
> worse.

You need to configure cpu_alloc for your arch and so far you seem
to not have had the time to understand how it works otherwise you would
not repeat these statements and ask me to implement what the
patch already provides.

The only problem that I see so far is a communication problem. Thus we
need more documentation.