Re: Revert for cgroups CPU accounting subsystem patch

On Nov 12, 2007 11:00 PM, Balbir Singh <[email protected]> wrote:

> Right now, one of the limitations of the CPU controller is that
> the moment you create another control group, the bandwidth gets
> divided by the default number of shares. We can't create groups
> just for monitoring.

Could we get around this with, say, a flag that always treats a CFS
schedulable entity as having a weight equal to the number of runnable
tasks in it? So CPU bandwidth would be shared between groups in
proportion to the number of runnable tasks, which would distribute the
cycles approximately equivalently to them all being separate
schedulable entities.

> cpu_acct fills this gap.

Agreed, but not in the right way IMO.

Paul