Re: [patch/rfc 1/4] GPIO implementation framework

Hi David,

I hope I was not late giving my humble feedback on this framework :-)

Can we use "per gpio based" structure instead of "per gpio_chip" based one,
just like what the generic IRQ layer is doing nowadays? So that

a. you don't have to declare per gpio_chip "can_sleep", "is_out" and
"requested".
Those will be just bits of properties of a single GPIO.

b. and furthur more, one can avoid the use of ARCH_GPIOS_PER_CHIP, which
leads to many holes

c. gpio_to_chip() will be made easy and straight forward

d. granularity of spin_lock()/_unlock() can be made small (per GPIO instead of
per gpio_chip)

What do you think?

- eric

--