Subject: Re: PAGE_SIZE on 64bit and 32bit machines
From: Jiri Slaby <[email protected]>
To: Yoav Artzi <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2007 5:14:17 PM

On 11/12/2007 03:39 PM, Yoav Artzi wrote:
According to my knowledge the PAGE_SIZE on 32bit architectures in 4KB.
Logically, the PAGE_SIZE on 64bit architectures should be 8KB. That's at
least the way I understand it. However, looking at the kernel code of
x86_64, I see the PAGE_SIZE is 4KB.

Yes, it stood unchanged, the only difference is 4-level page tables.

Can anyone explain to me what am I missing here?

What led you to that it must be 8k?

regards,