Re: AppArmor Security Goal

* Crispin Cowan ([email protected]) wrote:

<snip>

>     * Manipulating AppArmor policy requires being both root privileged
>       and not being confined by AppArmor, thus there is explicitly no
>       capability for non-privileged users to change AppArmor policy.

It's a pity that there is no way to do this; it would be nice to restrict
web browsers, document editors etc but allow them
to access the places you commonly store documents etc.

Similarly I'd like to be able to split applications so that
the 'preferences' editing facilities are done by separate
envrionments so that there is no way that a fault in parsing
external data could edit the config (e.g. change home page or
proxy in a browser or default document in an editor).

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /