Re: Plans for Onezonelist patch series ???

On (08/11/07 11:01), Lee Schermerhorn didst pronounce:
> Mel [anyone?]
>
> Do you know what the plans are for your "onezonelist" patch series?

I was holding off trying to add new features to current mainline or -mm as
there were a number of stability issues and one-zonelist touches a number
of areas.  Minimally, I was waiting for another -mm to come out and rebase
to that.  I'll rebase to latest git tomorrow, see how that looks and post
it if passes regression tests on Monday.

> Are they going into -mm for, maybe, .25?  Or have they been dropped.
>
> I carry the last posting in my mempolicy tree--sometimes below my
> patches; sometimes above.  Our patches touch some of the same places in
> mempolicy.c and require reject resolution when changing the order.  I
> can save Andrew some work if I knew that your patches were going to be
> in the next -mm by holding off and doing the rebase myself.

The one-zonelist stuff is likely to be more controversial than what you
are doing. It may be best if the one-zonelist patches are based on top
of yours than the other way around.

Thanks

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student                          Linux Technology Center