Re: [2.6.24-rc1 regression] AC adapter state does not change after resume

On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> >> Please check if this patch helps.
> >
> > It does not even compile :)
> >
> > On serious note (after adding forward declaration) - patch half works. It
> > does make "online" return true value (which confirms that underlying ACPI
> > works correctly) but HAL still does not notice it.
> >
> > The problem is, with power_supply interface HAL does not use polling, it
> > relies on CHANGE event. This event is apparently never generated if AC
> > adapter state changes on resume. So the obvious fix is to compare AC
> > state before and after suspend in ->resume function and generate
> > synthetic CHANGE event if something has changed.
> >
> > This will also make superfluous polling redundant.
>
> Ok, here. This one compiles :)

For HAL regression:

Tested-by: Andrey Borzenkov <[email protected]>

But the patch is incomplete. This synthetic event should be the same as if OS
were running; i.e. you should send both other events as well. As is you just
create latent bug to be hit by some netlink consumer sooner or later.