Re: pci-disable-decode-of-io-memory-during-bar-sizing.patch

From: Jesse Barnes <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:31:57 -0700

> I don't disagree there.  I'm just saying the actual mechanism is fine
> (as illustrated by the numerous non-PC ports of Linux), and this
> particular problem, at least, isn't really specific to how MMCONFIG is
> described or configured by the firmware and OS, it's simply a Linux
> problem.

I totally disagree, it is not a Linux problem.

The non-PC ports don't have this issue because the PCI config space
MMIO area of the PCI controller does not overlap PCI MMIO space at
all.  So the problem simply cannot happen.

They choose to put this MMCONFIG in an area overlapping with PCI MMIO
space, which breaks both existing practice and code.