Re: [RFC 0/2] readdir() as an inode operation

> This is a first try to move readdir() to become an inode operation. This is
> necessary for a VFS implementation of "something like union-mounts" where a
> readdir() needs to read the directory contents of multiple directories.
> Besides that the new interface is no longer giving the struct file to the
> filesystem implementations anymore.
>
> Comments, please?
  Hmm, are you sure there are no users which keep some per-struct-file
information for directories? File offset is one such obvious thing which
you've handled but actually filesystem with more complicated structure
of directory may remember some hints about where we really are, keep
some readahead information or so...

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <[email protected]>