Re: [kvm-devel] 2.6.23.1-rt4 and kvm 48

Jan Kiszka wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
Jan Kiszka wrote:
Interesting result - you've read about the wbinvd issues? Is there no
wbinvd in the bios shipped with older kvm? Which VM extension did you
test, both Intel and AMD? I would bet that your X issues are due to the
same effect. X startup/shutdown involves a lot of wbinvd calls on my
test boxes.

kvm.git now traps invd and wbinvd on amd, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

So kvm can then simply ignore the instructions, or what does it do about
them? I recall some replies in the related thread that some more work
may be required.

It currently ignores the instructions. When device passthrough is implemented more work will be needed.

--
Any sufficiently difficult bug is indistinguishable from a feature.