Re: Networked filesystems vs backing_dev_info

Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 23:30 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
So in short, stick a struct backing_dev_info into whatever represents a
client, initialize it using bdi_init(), destroy using bdi_destroy().

Oh, and the most important point, make your fresh I_NEW inodes point to
this bdi struct.

Mark it congested once you have 50 (or more) outstanding requests, clear
congestion when you drop below 50.
and you should be set.

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not think that NCPFS will switch to backing_dev_info - it uses pagecache only for symlinks and directories, and even if it would use pagecache, as most of servers refuse concurrent requests even if TCP is used as a transport, there can be only one request in flight...

						Petr

P.S.: And if anyone wants to step in as ncpfs maintainer, feel free. I did not see NetWare server for over year now...