Re: Major SATA / EXT3 Issue?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:21:52 -0500
Chris Holvenstot <[email protected]> wrote:

> My SATA controller is integrated on my MSI motherboard and sports four
> ports.  It is implemented using the Nvidia CK804 chipset.  My processor
> is an AMD64 X2 4600+ running the 32 bit version of Linux.
>
> I have had these drives up and running for about six months.=

You don't provide enough information to even guess. The whole of the
relevant part of the ata messages would be a lot more useful than the
cutting/pasting of bits you've provided.

The BIOS finding the drive is indicating it responds to identify and the
basic commands (and usually means your cabling is fine), but really the
rest of the trace is needed to see what occurs next. If the drive has
gone then the partition table read will fail and you won't
get /dev/sdb[something] for it.