Using -traditional in EXTRA_AFLAGS

Guys,

is there any particular reason we're using -traditional in
EXTRA_AFLAGS in Makefiles?

According to
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Traditional-macros.html#Traditional-macros,
(and to my painful recent experience), it disallows the use of token
pasting in pre-processor macros, which is a functionality we heavily
rely upon for the rest of kernel things.

I'd suggest just removing it, but obviously, there might well be
people with good reasons for it to stay (The same effect of token
pasting can be achieved in some ways, so if -traditional stays, that's
not the greatest problem in the world... just that token pasting in
asm files will diverge from the way in which we (-)traditionally do
;-) )

So, does any one have a word on that?
--
Glauber de Oliveira Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."