Re: RAID 10 w AHCI w NCQ = Spurius I/O error

Hello Len, thenks for your answer, i need a clarification on wheter it
could be a software or a hardware problem, fortunatelly i have an exact
system, so what i am going to do is to swap the four drives on the first
system to the second system, and with more time i will make the required
tests.

p.d. the machine is debian 4.0 amd64 system.

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
It seems to me that if the kernel says there is an io error explicitly on sdd, then I don't think it really should be any fault with the raid
setup.  My assumption would be that there is a flacky drive, a flacky
cable, or maybe a flacky port on the controller.
I change the drive and the problem remains, i will check changing the
hard drive cables, to see if that is the problem, the problem has
apperead three times in nearly five months, so what will be your bet ?
It would be interesting to know what happened if you swapped the cables
between sdd and another drive to see if the problem follows the port or
the drive or the cable (you could move sdd's cable to sda, and then
connect sdd to sdc's port and sdc to sdd's port, and if sda then fails,
it should be the cable, if sdd (was sdc) fails, then it must be the
port, and if sdc (was sdd) fails then it must be the drive.  At least
that is what I think.  the raid should deal with moving the drives
around just fine since it should be using the UUIDs for assembly anyhow.

--
Len Sorensen

--
Nestor A. Diaz