Re: Hard lockups on 2.6.22.4-SMP

Hello,

      Answering to myself.

OAA> We  have  a  problem  with  spontaneous (there is no relation with CPU
OAA> load,  memory  load,  uptime)  hard  lockups  on  linux  2.6.22.4  (no
OAA> additional patches) on SMP system (Intel E7230 ICH7 Montherboard). Num
OAA> Lock  (Caps  Lock - no matter) on keyboard is not responding. There is
OAA> no  debug  on  console (no oops, no kernel panic, no NMI watchdog info
OAA> [but nmi_watchdog=1 and NMI in /proc/interrupts is OK]). All we see is
OAA> just previous console state (for example - login: prompt). We have the
OAA> same  situation  on  another PC with abosolutely the some hardware and
OAA> software  configuration.  Could  you  give  us some hints about how to
OAA> debug  this  situation?  If you need some additional information about
OAA> our  system, feel free to ask. I can post a lot of output (i.e. lspci,
OAA> dmesg, etc...) but i don't want to post any useless information.

     Yesterday we added CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK and
     CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP to our kernel config.

     After six hours of uptime we got the same lockup, but the kernel
     became a little verbose:

     BUG: spinlock lockup on CPU#1, swapper/0, e9bcb200

     Nothing else. No call trace, no cpu registers dump. Just this
     line. Any hints?

--
wbr,
 Oleg                            mailto:[email protected]