Re: "spurious completions during NCQ" with 2.6.23.1 and DVD Multi-Recorder on Thinkpad T61

Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:56:10 +0800
Federico Sevilla III <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Using the 2.6.23.1 kernel and Debian Etch on a Lenovo Thinkpad T61
7659A21, I am getting two weird errors, as follows:

Turn off bluetooth and you may find the stuck IRQ goes away - at least on
some thinkpads there are weird extra IRQs when bluetooth is running which
break stuff.

There was an old American Music/Comedy show called "Hee Haw!" which had a recurring skit consisting of a farmer running into the doctor's office and saying "Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!" followed by some unlikely activity.
  The doctor always replied "Then don't do that."

Turning off bluetooth is a useful diagnostic test, but for some systems it's not a practical operating configuration. Any thoughts on making bluetooth work in these cases? Most laptops make a unit like the Logitech MX5000 BT keyboard desirable for extended use.

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>