Re: rt73usb: support for wireless in Kohjinsha subnotebook

On Monday 22 October 2007, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Thanks a lot. With some patches, I got driver from conitech.it to
> > > compile and partly work on 2.6.23. I can now transmit packets but not
> > > yet receive them.
> > >
> > > (use Makefile.26 instead of Makefile)
> >
> > I couldn't find any license info immediately visible; are you sure it's
> > GPL?
>
> Yes, I'm quite sure. There's MODULE_LICENCE("GPL"), IIRC.

That doesn't say much, some manufacturers add that line to their driver
 just to prevent the module loader complaining about a non-GPL driver...

There should be a copyright notice or a license file accompanied with
the driver that clearly states the license of the driver.

Ivo