Re: mmc_spi stopped working

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:37:13 -0700
David Brownell <[email protected]> wrote:

> When enumerating MMC cards using SPI, don't support the "just probe"
> mechanism since it doesn't always work.  Instead, always wait for the
> reset to complete before issuing the next request.
>
> This is a regression ... this SanDisk MMC card used to enumerate with
> no trouble, despite this particular spec violation.

I've been testing a bit more here, and I can't get this particular bug. I have others though:

Out of my five MMC cards, only two work properly. One doesn't respond to SPI commands at all, and two hang on a second CMD0 and return ILLEGAL_COMMAND on a second run of CMD1. All of this is of course wildly out of spec. SPI seems to be a bonus, not a given. :/

As for your card, could you send me a dump as I'm unable to produce the issue here?

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org