Re: 2.6.23-git Kconfig regression

David Brownell wrote:
	(Originally posted to kbuild-devel per MAINTAINERS, but
	that post was rejected since that is -- undocumented,
	sigh -- a members-only list.)
That mailing list is no longer used.  Today's git pull for kbuild
included this change:

 KCONFIG
 P:	Roman Zippel
 M:	[email protected]
-L:	[email protected]
+L:	[email protected]
 S:	Maintained

I hadn't pulled that one yet... ;)

I noticed a regression, visible in the drivers/usb/gadget Kconfig;
it seems to be quite recent.

Hm, it does look very odd.  It looks like it has something to
do with <choice> working differently for some reason.

In xconfig, I set all of the View Options and when I click on one
of the periph. controllers, it says

	depends on =y && PCI

That's what I saw too. Looked dubious ...

but if I back up to -git7, it says

	depends on <choice> && PCI

And that git7 thing doesn't look _quite_ so odd.  Did git7 actually
let you configure a modular GOKU (for example), i.e. work correctly?

Yes, -git9 does.

Looks to me like it broke on -git10.  -git9 is OK.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks.  Kconfig is one of the areas I prefer to let others
be the experts.  :)

--
~Randy