Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.23.1 Freezes on GB data transfers

On 10/17/07, Giangiacomo Mariotti <[email protected]> wrote:
> Linux Kernel 2.6.23.1 freezes on GB data transfers.
>
> Pc completely freezed while transferring 4Gb of data from
> dvd(/dev/hdc) to hd(nothing else was happening, cpu general usage at
> 5-6%).Except for this,it has been working flawlessly for 1 day,but
> when I tried to transfer 4Gb of data from the dvd to the hd,after
> having completed 60% of the transfer, the system became completely
> freezed,no keyboard,no mouse,no consoles,nothing, and the Caps Lock
> LED started to blink.

The blinking Caps lock LED means that your system is Oopsing. Please
try your test again from a console (not from X), and see if an oops
message is printed out. If it is, you'll need to either copy it down
or take a photograph of it with a digital camera, then post the text
of it or post a link to the image.

Ray