Re: [2.4 patch] Port of adutux driver from 2.6 kernel to 2.4.

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:41, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> OK, I have no objection, but please apply the fixes the le16 problem as
> suggested by Pete and Greg first. Also, you will probably receive more
> comments, and/or criticisms from further reviews. This is normal and
> expected. You just have to fix your code so that it can be merged.

Done. Removed all le16_to_cpu's.
Comments are OK. Just a little bit busy on my regular work. So can give

> > adutux is a simple Linux device driver for ADU boards from Ontrak Control Systems.
> > The adutux driver exposes standard open/close/read/write API's to the user application.
>
> If this is going to be the commit message, please reduce lines to less
> than 70 chars, and also enumerate the supportd devices and the one you
> performed the tests with. It helps a lot when users encounter problems.

It's a driver description you asked for previously.

Commit message should look like this probably:
"Port of adutux driver from 2.6 kernel for Ontrak ADU boards."

Devices list:
As I said previously supported devices are:
http://www.ontrak.net/products.htm#Table%205
Just to list them here:
ADU100, ADU120, ADU130, ADU200, ADU208, ADU218.

Testing is performed on ADU200.
But command structure is identical for this devices and it is only
individual command syntax that varies between different ADU devices.

> Also, if you did not (I forgot to check), please ensure that the adutux
> maintainer in 2.6 is CC'd.

There is not maintainer for this device in 2.6.

Following Pete notes I will rework code and give it for review once again.
As I said it's usb-skeleton approach that I reused during the port.

Anyway, will get back to this soon.

Vitaliy