Re: What still uses the block layer?

On Monday 15 October 2007 12:25:13 pm Greg KH wrote:
> Oh, and this seems like a very Ubuntu specific rant, might I suggest you
> contact the Ubuntu developers about this?  The kernel doesn't dictate
> that the distro has to use these long identifiers, and there is nothing
> we can do about it.

I was just trying to use the strangeness in a large distributor's first
attempt at this functionality as an evidence that it's apparently not trivial
to get even the common cases right under the new model, while the common
cases used to be trivial to get right under the old model.  (Or at least it
seemed so to me.)

I think I've exhausted this line of argument, though, and will stop now.

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.