Re: 2.6.23-rt1 lockup after loading HAL deamon

* Rok Markovic <[email protected]> wrote:

> I enabled netconsole but I am affraid that it won't help. In
> attachment I am sending complete log over netconsole. While I was
> trying to make everything, I got a lockup on linux-2.6.23-rc8, but I
> am not sure into this. But all lockups happend in VGA console mode.
> Any ideas.

hm:

[  104.224904] oprofile: using NMI interrupt.

could you disable CONFIG_OPROFILE? Maybe it interferes with the NMI
watchdog?

how does /proc/interrupts look like shortly after bootup? Does a simple
"intentional lockup" piece of code, which provokes a hard lockup from
user-space, get properly zapped by the NMI watchdog (within a minute or
so):

# cat > lockup.c

int main(void)
{
	iopl(3);
	for (;;)
		asm("cli");
}
Ctrl-D
# make lockup
# ./lockup
<hard hang>

the NMI watchdog should produce a console message similar to:

 BUG: NMI Watchdog detected LOCKUP on CPU0, eip bff12345, registers:

( if you test ./lockup and get the message properly then i'd suggest a
  new reboot - i think we inhibit further console output after an NMI
  printout. )

	Ingo