Re: Off-Topic: Patent infringement cases filed in U.S.

Jan Engelhardt skrev:
> On Oct 12 2007 18:25, Renato S. Yamane wrote:
>> "IP Innovation LLC has just filed a patent infringement claim against Red Hat
>> and Novell. It was filed October 9, case no. 2:2007cv00447, IP Innovation, LLC
>> et al v. Red Hat Inc. et al, in Texas":
>
> I think the number of news sites like lwn,osnews,slashdot,etc
> is already high enough that no developer would miss out on that.
> That is, those who even care for such.

The fact it has nothing to do with Linux Kernel, not even remotely as
the patent is never, no matter how wide you stretch it, is going to
cower any technology in the kernel, makes this a FUD post, since the
poster didn't bother to explain it.

It's still unclear what the patent actually mean, might be multi
monitor, virtual desktop or maybe sticky windows. Only thing clear is
that it can't be the Linux Kernel it's about.