Re: hdparm standby timeout not working for WD raptors?

On 10/12/07, Mark Lord <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's interesting.
>
> So, either something is regularly accessing/polling the drive,
> or it just doesn't work with the standby timer.
>
> Are there any interesting kernel messages being generated
> during execution of those commands?

No messages to /var/log/messages as a result of those
commands; I ran several times and did a sync too, just
in case.

I very much doubt that something is regularly accessing
the drives because I have a script that runs every 1/2 hour
to check and log status. The drives stay "standby" for
hours (even days) at a time unless I specifically access
something on the RAID array. Then, they stay "active/idle"
until I manually set them to "standby".

Anything else you'd like me to try?