Re: PCI: Fix boot-time hang on G31/G33 PC

Vitaliy Gusev wrote:
> On the 28 September 2007 03:13 Greg KH, wrote:

>>> for everyone who's using this quirk or has the same boot issue: I just
>>> confirmed that the new dg33tl bios update v0287 (released 9/20) fixes the
>>> boot issue for my systems. I encourage everyone to update their BIOS
>>> image and see if this works.
>
> No, it still doesn't work even with a latest BIOS verstion. I have a computer
> with Intel DQ35MP motherboard. I upgraded BIOS to rev. 0696, released
> Oct 1. But kernel (2.6.22.5) still hangs up. Kernel with this fix patch boots
> and works fine.

please note that your BIOS is completely different than the one posted above. This
may be a clue.

interestingly enough I can attest (somewhat) to this. After the BIOS upgrade
2.6.22 booted just fine without pci=nommconf, but I've had several boot lockups
with 2.6.23-rc8.

So, the issue is still open and Matthew/Jesse's suggested fix becomes much more
attractive to me now.

Greg, I suggest putting this patch back in the "grey" zone

Auke