Re: [git patches] IDE updates (part 1)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> * Kconfig facelift - as a result of this change users have three less
>   config options to worry about (BLK_DEV_IDEPCI, BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI
>   and IDE_CHIPSETS) and can just select host drivers that they need

 Well, it depends on how you look at it.  If you have PCI, an on-board IDE
interface and do not want any PCI IDE controllers, then you now have a
zillion of options to disable instead of just one.  Have a look at
"arch/mips/configs/sb1250-swarm_defconfig" for an example (hmm...,
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_SWARM disabled by default -- that should probably be
changed; I'll cook a patch).  I guess it is not possible to make everyone
happy at once though, so please do not treat it as a hard objection. :-)

  Maciej