Re: solved: 2.6.23 && fglrx && s2ram

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 01:49:07AM +0200, Michael Leun wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 01:31:17 +0200
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

On Friday, 12 October 2007 00:07, Michael Leun wrote:
Hello,

(please, don't blame me for using the binary only driver, I will
happily switch to a open source one once it properly runs mplayer,
e.g.).

Renaming the config options for suspend/sleep broke fglrx power
management.
It looks like your patch is against the fglrx driver, isn't it?
It is - I should have mentioned that, sorry.

This makes it 100% off-topic for linux-kernel - please send patches for illegal modules to the vendors of these modules and not here.

Which would help the actual users of the module not one whit. Whereas putting the patch here helps the people who need it and allows multiple people to complain to the vendor.

If this module violates some law you should report it to the appropriate authorities rather than posting it here, otherwise you should probably should not use the term illegal casually.

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>