Re: sleepy linux 2.6.23-rc9

Clemens Koller wrote:

When I boot init=/bin/bash vga=791 (vesa framebuffer), most wakeups
are caused by cursor painting (I should fix that some day, I
guess). But... the cursor blinking does not even work properly!

It blinks at normal speed, then (randomly) it blinks slowly, then gets
back to normal speed, then inserts longer delay.

Is the effect a beat that it has roughly the frequency of your Notebooks
screen refresh rate (60Hz)? (in german: Schwebung)

The effect is so nice that I thought about youtube ;-). Thinkpad
x60.. question is, how to debug it?

No idea... check where the register of the HW cursor blink rate
gets written? But as it seems to be so nice, please submit a patch
which enables this for all platforms. ;-)

For the VESA framebuffer I would assume the cursor blinking is done in software (if done at all.)

	-hpa