Re: [13/18] x86_64: Allow fallback for the stack

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> > The problem can become non-rare on special low memory machines doing wild
> > swapping things though.
>
> But only your huge systems will be using huge stacks?

I have no idea who else would be using such a feature. Relaxing the tight
memory restrictions on stack use may allow placing larger structures on
the stack in general.

I have some concerns about the medium NUMA systems (a few dozen of nodes)
also running out of stack since more data is placed on the stack through
the policy layer and since we may end up with a couple of stacked
filesystems. Most of the current NUMA systems on x86_64 are basically
two nodes on one motherboard. The use of NUMA controls is likely
limited there and the complexity of the filesystems is also not high.