Re: Serial ATA does not find partitions (Hitachi HD, new? ATI controller) where old SATA works

Hmmm... and the kernel freezes after this?  libata driver isn't
initialized yet.  I don't think libata has anything to do with here.

as I told you, the ATA problem was with the 2.6.22 version of the kernel
and is not longer related to the freeze with kernel 2.6.23-rc8 I asked whether you wanted to see the ATA problem in that kernel or the present crash.

      or try to debug the problem in 2.6.22.8 or something else it
       fits the kernel-team.

was my offer.

As you did not answer that point (you answered other points) I thought it was useless to debug a problem that is not longer there. I still thing that way. The booting is apparently allocating port services at the point of freezing but not too close of the disk driver, that much I knew.

regards
               Hernan

--
Hernán Gustavo Solari, [email protected], http://www.df.uba.ar/~solari