Re: SLUB performance regression vs SLAB

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 01:48:34PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> There comes a point where it is the reporter's responsibility to help
> the developer come up with a publishable test case the developer can
> use to work on fixing the problem and help ensure it stays fixed.

That's a lot of effort.  Is it more effort than doing some remote
debugging with Christoph?  I don't know.

> Using an unpublishable benchmark, whose results even cannot be
> published, really stretches the limits of "reasonable" don't you
> think?

Yet here we stand.  Christoph is aggressively trying to get slab removed
from the tree.  There is a testcase which shows slub performing worse
than slab.  It's not my fault I can't publish it.  And just because I
can't publish it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Slab needs to not get removed until slub is as good a performer on this
benchmark.

a retrograde step."