Re: realtime preemption performance difference

Hi Jaswinder,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 05:18:01PM +0530, Jaswinder Singh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to check performance difference by using realtime preemption patch :
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/
>
> Please let me know from where I can download samples to test realtime
> preemption performance difference.

You can obtain several -rt testcases from the RT wiki:
http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page Here we have testcases/benchmarks
for measuring scheduling latencies, priority preemption, signaling latencies, etc
and other important information on the patchset.

Hope this helps!

> Can someone please share performance numbers for your hardware:-
>
> 1. Interrupt latency
> 2. Task switching time
> 3. hard-realtime scheduling latency
>
> Thank you,