Re: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 23:31 +0200, Oleg Verych wrote:
> * Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:22:28 +0300
>
> []

> []
> >   Bottom line: no radeonfb for me :( at least, not now; but I have to be honest with
> >   you: I don't see what commit dd1447134454b169d5ae353aceb93f2368db8547 brought new
> >   into the picture. The previous radeonfb worked just great, but then, again, maybe I'm
> >   not using the console at it's full power :)
>
> In fact, it's known statement, that there must only one hardware driver
> for graphic adapter. Be it framebuffer with X fb driver on it or legacy
> VGA text and X with its driver.so and 3D stuff.
>
> (i choose legacy text without X for the most of my time, though :)

Not quite ... on PowerMacs, we've been routinely using radeonfb and X
together. However, for that to work, in general, one has to be careful
to switch back to console mode before suspending and back to X after
resume, which seems to have been broken by many distro lately, probably
because somebody made it optional in the kernel...

Ben.