Re: Wasting our Freedom

hmm, on Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 08:56:47AM -0400, Theodore Tso said that
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:29:48AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> > Now if they'd fix the copyright message to only mention Reyk all would
> > be good.
>
> It *does* mention Reyk, if you would bother to look.  The thing which

the keyword is `only'.  only = him and noone else (at the moment)

> Theo is kvetching about, and which apparently is enough to cause the
> *BSD zombies to start attacking without actually _checking_ _for_
> _themselves_ is whether or not Jiri and Nick did enough to work so
> they should have their names listed in the headers.  In other words,

are you publicly stating that you have checked, and found the amount
of work done justifying a (c) addition of not even one but 2 persons?

> all of the megabytes and megabhytes of flamewar is over these two
> lines:
>
> > * Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Nick Kossifidis <[email protected]>
> > * Copyright (c) 2007 Jiri Slaby <[email protected]>
>
> Petty, isn't it?  Let's just say it's b.s. like this which is why, 16
> years ago, I decided to work with Linux instead of BSD.

so you don't mind if a couple of us go around adding say 10 lines
of code to files you authored, and then put our copyrights under
your name?  good!  i am glad to hear that.  a bit of additional
"undeserved credit" is always welcome anyway.
would look good in my cv.

it is not just a bit of undeserved credit.  the (c) owners will
be asked in the future regarding any legal aspects of the files
they hold copyrights to.  i don't think those 2 gentlemen have
earned that yet.

-f
--
dum spiro spero --  as long as i breathe i hope