Re: VM/VFS bug with large amount of memory and file systems?

Nick Piggin wrote:

(Rik has a patch sitting in -mm I believe which would make this problem
even worse, by doing even less highmem scanning in response to lowmem
allocations).

My patch should not make any difference here, since
balance_pgdat() already scans the zones from high to
low and sets an end_zone variable that determines the
highest zone to scan.

All my patch does is make sure that we do not try to
reclaim excessive amounts of dma or low memory when
a higher zone is full.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group