Re: Wasting our Freedom

Jacob Meuser wrote:
when I see the linux community start to take credit for works they
did not create and I see the linux community respond to warnings
that people in the community are going overboard and jeopardizing
the linux community, which we do all benefit from, with a more or
less "whatever" attitude, it makes me sad.  it would be like losing
a friend.  I don't like losing friends, so I get vocal.

All very nicely said.

I'd like to add that an insult implicit in the attempt to remove the BSD license is that it says to the original authors, "we plan to improve this code, and when we do you'll never again be able to ship it as BSD." They weren't the words, but that's what you get when you think to the future.

Although opinions seem still to be divided, I think everyone has been reminded that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I don't understand why the linux community can't seem to say,

The one shining light in this whole sorry Atheros saga is that it's now all history; the only people still talking about it are people not directly involved. The matter could now rest...