Re: Wasting our Freedom

Can E. Acar wrote:
There have been complete silence from the leaders of their own
community (Linux Kernel developers, FSF, ...) all perhaps used your

Regarding "Linux Kernel developers," false. _I_ have posted. ath5k, wireless, and net driver maintainers have all sent emails. License and code fixes have been committed.

As for the FSF: It has been repeatedly stated that the FSF has zip to do with this. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Linux != FSF.

argument to convince themselves that this is not their problem.
However, from an outsider point of view, this lack of silence means
an agreement to something that is ethically and legally wrong.

You are failing to observe that changes have been made in response to criticism.

Given that Linux Kernel devs have responded both with code changes and emails, "silence" and "inaction" are provably false.

And since the changes go ath5k->linville->me->linus or ath5k->linville->me->davem->linus, I am a step in the approval chain. I do know what I'm talking about. :)

	Jeff