Re: VM/VFS bug with large amount of memory and file systems?

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:22:11 -0400 Kyle Moffett <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2007, at 07:19:01, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 11:50 +0100, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> >> I haven't word wrapped it at all.  The lines appear as whole lines
> >> in Apple Mail (my email client).  It must be your email client
> >> that is wrapping them...
> >
> > Oddly, this line is still long in Andrew's reply but wrapped in
> > yours.  Must be some odd mailer interaction.
>
> Actually Apple Mail.app sends format=flowed wrapped to 73
> characters.  So a wrapped line has a single space character right
> before each 'wrapping' newline.  If your mail client supports
> format=flowed viewing and sends without format=flowed (like AKPM's
> mailer appears to), then it will properly unwrap the lines and resend
> without the wrapping.  Mailers which *DONT* support format=flowed
> will see the wrapped version.  Normally this is what you want but
> it's a PITA for patches and logfiles.
>
> I believe with Mail.app if you attach a .txt file it will be
> unmangled and sent as "Content-Type: text/plain" and "Content-
> Disposition: inline", so most email-clients will display it as part
> of the message.

Ah, thanks for the hint. I've switched mailer to claws-mail-3.0.0 and
hacked the thing a bit so its useful. One of the things I added was a
menu entry for respect_flowed_format. So I can now flip between flowed
and non-flowed with a key.