Re: sata_nv issues with MCP51 SATA controller

Prakash Punnoor wrote:
I don't have exaclty the same hw, but the same chipset and I don't have any problems - even with the swncq patch applied. Do you have an hpet? If not, try booting with acpi_use_time_override. My system won't work with skipping the override.

Hi , I reconnected and rebooted with the kernel option "acpi_use_timer_override" (this is the correct spelling, isn't it? - Kernel didn't complain.). Didn't help, the same error received as before. - I'll have to connect all disks back to my PCI-connected SATA controllers and start rebuilding my RAID yet again.

It seems random which disk is first affected (This far, I know that it has happened to ata1, ata3 and ata4, three of my potential disks) - I guess it just happens to the disk that is being used at the moment when the driver / controller acts up.)

I'm about to give in. I think I'll try to replace both ( Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 ) motherboards, as the driver simply isn't working for the on-board controller of these boards. Could be a combination of the controllers and some other HW on the motherboards of course, but all is working when I connect all disks to my non-nvidia controllers. - Guess I'll opt for a motherboard with an intel-chipset after all...

BR
Jon Ivar