Re: Possible hang inside interrupt handler on sata_promise.

Is there any way on typical motherboards to send an NMI?  On Altix boxes,
we can use the system controller to send an NMI.  I have found some
motherboards appear to have an NMI line.  Is there anything like that
on i386?  Maybe I am missing the issue entirely.  Does deadlock inside
an IRQ handler seem plausible?

On a side note, I have reproduced the hang with a different storage device
(ide).  At the time, I have deactivated the volume group, stopped the
raid device and unloaded the sata_promise module.  I also noticed that
uhci_hcd and eth1 (3com 3c59x module) are sharing IRQ 5 so I had unloaded
the uhci_hcd and usbcore before the last test.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:59:25AM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> There is a list of kernel options you can try, including:
>
>   noapic
>   nolapic
>   pci=nomsi,nommconf
>   pci=noacpi