Slightly OT: Unable to wake-up after suspend

I just gave the CentOS 5.0 live CD a spin and wanted to see if suspend
worked. The system did suspend but I'm unable to make it wake-up again,
at all.

I've tried unplugging the power cord, resetting CMOS, removing the BIOS
battery and all RAM. The system shows no sign of life except the
motherboard LED, unless I power it on with the CLRTC jumper activated in
which case the CPU FAN and harddisk starts, but still no monitor signal.

This is a Asus K8V-X motherboard[1] with ECC RAM and the system has been
rock solid for almost 3 years despite daily abuse (build machine).

[1]
http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=14&l3=67&l4=0&model=237&modelmenu=2