Re: Calling PnP bios routines like get device node from x86_84 arch

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually I want to call the BIOS run time functions as per the PNPBIOSSpecification-v1.0a (attached). Specifically I want to call the function no 0x0 to 0x03. I have Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216 and AMI BIOS with the pnp bios support. So I could call this functions using the default PnP driver which comes along with the (API: call_pnp_bios()) i386 architecture. This driver is only available for i386. But not for x86_64.

So I am trying to implement a driver similar to this for x86_64 arch. But I couldn't . Because there is need for get_cpu_gdt_table() which is not available in x86_64.
And also some inline asm needs to be totally modify for x86_64. For this

How can I achive this ? Is there any other alternate idea there instead of pnp driver?

Please help on this.

-mkr

Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:06:20 -0700 (PDT)