[Q]Adding src files to 2.6.18 kernel and build failure query

Hi,

I am facing some problem understanding and using the kernel Kbuild
system. I tried googling but not much of help.

Thanks to a good kbuild documentation in the tree. It looks like $(LD)
-r is not able to do what it is supposed to do. May be i am doing
something wrong?

here is a brief summary of what i am doing -

I added some .c files to a new dir under net/foo/ .
Added corresponding .h files to a new dir under include/foo/

Create a Kconfig and Makefile in net/foo/ directory.
Added corresponding entries to Makefile and Kconfig in the net/ dir.

I happily executed a make with a beaming face after selecting the foo
option after doing a
$make menuconfig.

To my surprise i got this error :-

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `arch/i386/kernel/vmlinux.lds',
needed by `__build'.  Stop

So , here is the question in short...

What do i need to change and where to make sure this thing vanishes
away and kernel compiles as usual like it always did earlier?

Any pointers?
PS:- I am not subscribed to the LKML,please CC me while replying to the list.

thanks
--pradeep

--
pradeep singh rautela