Re: USB and MMC device problems on Kernel 2.6.22

Hi!

[email protected] пишет:
Sorry for not clear about the kernel version, let me try again:

I have an ARM hardware board works fine with USB and MMC on kernel 2.6.11. Now, I've just upgraded it to kernel 2.6.22. The modules seem loaded fine, please see following list, but neither USB nor MMC could detect devices when a USB stick or SD card was plugged in (I enabled module debug, but nothing printed out, no device node created in /dev). It seems some processes were not running, but I can see usbd and mmcd were running at following list, or what is missing?

K22 $ ps
  PID  Uid     VmSize Stat Command
    1 root        268 S   init
    2 root            SW< [kthreadd]
    3 root            SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 root            SW< [events/0]
    5 root            SW< [khelper]
   31 root            SW< [kblockd/0]
   32 root            SW< [ksuspend_usbd]
   35 root            SW< [khubd]
   37 root            SW< [kseriod]
   49 root            SW  [pdflush]
   50 root            SW  [pdflush]
   51 root            SW< [kswapd0]
   52 root            SW< [aio/0]
  638 root            SW< [kapmd]
  670 root            SW< [mtdblockd]
  693 root            SW< [s3c2410-spi.1]
  710 root            SW< [kbd_queue/0]
  746 root            SW< [kmmcd]
  775 root        644 S   /bin/inetd -f
  776 root        404 S   /bin/sh
  790 root        324 R   ps

But does anything show up in syslog?

I understand that the devfs is no longer supported by the kernel 2.6.22, but should the modules still be able to detect the devices? I manually created nodes on /dev tree such as /dev/mmc /dev/scsi before building and downloading to the target. Any clues please?

Please also make sure you've got decent udev running and properly configured.

K22 $ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
nls_utf8                1696  0
nls_iso8859_1           3936  0
nls_cp437               5600  0
nls_ascii               3936  0
vfat                   10336  0
fat                    48028  1 vfat
mmc_block               8580  0
s3c2410mci              6560  0
mmc_core               25876  2 mmc_block,s3c2410mci

Thank you.

Jim

In the hope it helps.

Regards,