Device problems on Kernel 22

Hi,

I have an ARM hardware board works fine with USB and MMC in kernel 11. Now, I've just upgraded it to kernel 22. The modules seem loaded fine, please see following list, but both usb and mmc modules failed to detect the USB stick or SD card when it was plugged in (I enabled module debug, but nothing printed out). I understand that the devfs is no longer supported by the kernel 22, but should the modules still be able to detect the devices? I think something has been missing, could anyone help, what I am missing here?

K22 $ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
nls_utf8                1696  0
nls_iso8859_1           3936  0
nls_cp437               5600  0
nls_ascii               3936  0
vfat                   10336  0
fat                    48028  1 vfat
mmc_block               8580  0
s3c2410mci              6560  0
mmc_core               25876  2 mmc_block,s3c2410mci

Thank you.

Jim