Re: request for information about the "ath5k" licensing

Reyk Floeter wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer. Your process is taking too long.

Speaking as a person through which these changes flow upstream into the official kernel (ath5k maintainers -> linville -> me -> linus)...

The most important thing for today is that no ath5k stuff has been committed (nor has it ever been).

I would rather take it slow and make sure everybody is happy. There is nothing upstream, and so, there is no need to rush and correct something.

Collectively, this is just growing pains. Everyone is breaking new ground, trying to figure out how to best support atheros stuff on Linux. There are new tools to deal with (svn? git? flavor of the day?:)), new licenses with new ramifications to consider, a new wireless stack to deal with.

What you are witnessing is but a small part of the chaos as everyone tackles these chores simultaneously.

	Jeff